Top 10 Best E3 Moments of 2010
Another year has come and gone. For E3 European Agency Network, it’s been a year of great highs, great firsts and agency recognition. Here’s our top 10 list of the best moments of 2010 for E3 network.
10. Our Best of Europe Awards. Three member agencies won gold in May. Not an easy task, since members had to receive gold votes from three out of five judges. It was a joyous moment!
9. Climbing “Together to the Top” in Lucerne, Switzerland. Our semi-annual meeting in Switzerland was filled with new ideas, best practices, global branding trends, and catching up with old friends. Of course, the event’s top moment has to be ascending the Swiss Alps aboard a tram to the summit of Mt. Pilatus. Check out these photos on our Facebook page.
8. Eating fried spaghetti in Denmark. The annual general meeting in Århus, Denmark featured a new concept in private dining. We visited a restaurant test kitchen called “BETA,” of chef Mads Nybroe, which offered a unique take on traditional “fast food” from around the world.
7. Searching for mobile molecules. The E3 Mobile application development seminar was a successful event co-hosted by Recommended Finland and Tangram for New Media. It featured practical applications for agencies to keep up with the latest mobile trends.
5. Fearless leaders elected. Each E3 management committee serves for two years and the new committee was announced at the Annual Meeting in May. A nice group with great ideas, and we’re sure they won’t let power go to their heads.
4. Growing like mad. E3 welcomed 9 very creative and highly motivated new member agencies this year. We think that is a record, but we’re having our historians check into that. Our new members included:
- NETural Communications of Austria,
- Café Design of Hungary,
- AdsmithChina of China,
- Aloft Group of USA,
- Van Heertum Design VHD of the Netherlands,
- Ansel & Möllers Public Relations & Event Management of Stuttgart, Germany,
- BERNSTEIN of Bremen, Germany,
- BM LAB (Brand Matters Lab) of Russia, and
- Bruketa&Žinic of Croatia.
3. Moving on up, and out. We expanded, added and moved this year. Recommended Denmark, opened a new office in Copenhagen, and Quarry moved to St. Jacob’s Ontario. Recommended Finland added new account director , igriega a new creative team, and Recommended Sweden added a new Brand Strategist and a new Art Director.
2. First US member agency and mancom member. E3 opened its borders and voted to allow non-European agencies, formerly only allowed to be associate members, to become full members with the ability to serve on the management committee. Matt Bowen of Aloft Group was subsequently elected to the management committee. We also welcome our first Russian agency, BM LAB (Brand Matters Lab). No cold wars here.
1. BBC Wins Silver in B2B Marketing Awards. We’re exceedingly proud of all our agencies…a unique bunch with inspiring ideas and a willingness to share…but our hats are off to BBC this year for winning a Silver Award in the B2B Marketing Awards.
What are you proud of accomplishing in 2010?
Filed under: B2B, Creative, marketing awards, meetings, Networking | Leave a Comment
Tags: E3 meetings