Mobile Application and Web Development Seminar
E3 European Agency Network member agencies Recommended Finland and Tangram for New Media will present a special seminar on mobile application and web development called “MAWD: A handheld future,’ in Helsinki, Finland, from 23-24 September 2010.
Held at Recommended Finland’s offices at Töölönkatu 11A, the seminar is open to digital media consultants, designers and developers who are interested in learning more about how to extend brands into the new digital media hand-held market.
From games to utilities to new communications tools, mobile applications are a design- and branding medium of the future. As part of its report on “key predictions for IT organizations and users in 2010 and beyond,” Gartner Research has predicted that mobile Web access will surpass traditional PC access by 100 million units as early as 2013. Gartner estimates PC access will be 1.78 billion units in 2013, whereas the combined installed base of smart phones and browser-equipped enhanced phones is expected to exceed 1.82 billion units.
In addition, ABI Research predicts that the download rate will accelerate over the next few years (from 2.4 billion application downloads last year) until 2013, when downloads are expected to peak.
MAWD Seminar Details
MAWD seminar presenters include E3 mobile design experts Chris Ongarello from Tangram, and Tero Heittola from Recommended Finland, as well as Jari Lahti, Head of Internet, Mobile & New Services of Finnish Broadcasting Co.; Timo Kiippa, Managing Director at mFabrik Ltd (Android platform); Antti Hermunen, Planner at Kerppinen & Co (iPhone platform); and Tina Aspiala, Producert at Eat.fi. The seminar includes a general market overview with a look to the future, information about creating content for mobile platforms, as well as hands-on workshops. The topics include:
- The Molecule Model. How to identify transferable/adaptable content and understanding information flow.
- Mobile Web Development: How to use what you have: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Images, Video, Text etc. Does it already work on different mobile devices? Is flash present? Resources and download times.
- Mobile Web Development Workshop. Break into groups to create iPhone wireframes, sketches, and ideas about how to optimize a real web site for mobile.
- Mobile Application Development: The big idea. Building an app from ground up (iPhone or Android). Using downcoding tools such as Titanium, PhoneGap etc. Showcasing built-in device features (touch gestures, acceleromoter, locator, camera). Concentrating on Audience type – CASUAL, REPEAT, URGENT.
- Going to Market. From app idea to concept to launch. What works? What you need to know. Tips and hints
About E3 European Agency Network
The E3 European Agency Network is an international network of independent marketing communications agencies and one of Europe’s largest. Founded by five agencies in 1978, E3 has grown to a group of 23 independent agencies with 550 professionals in 22 countries, including Asia, North and South America. The group’s annual billings total more than €260 million and represent more than 350 brands. The network gets its name from the European highway E3 that connects Stockholm to Lisbon. Similarly, the E3 network connects member agencies through collaboration and inroads to marketing innovation. E3’s ongoing educational programs, conferences and services help members stay up-to-date on the latest techniques and technologies from digital branding to social media. For information, visit http://www.e3network.com/.
Filed under: Technology, web site design | 16 Comments
Tags: android applications, app dev workshop, application development seminars, iphone applications, mobile application development