Does your agency have these Mad-Men personalities?
If you watch the popular ’60s era TV show “Mad Men,” you may recognize some of the personality types portrayed there from your own agency. Every agency must have a Duck, a Don and a Peggy, right?
In a recent article for iMedia Connection, Daniel Flamberg describes 5 “larger than life personalities” that you may recognize in your own agency as well.
Consider these types:
- Rainmaker – They drive the ad business. They have or make the contacts, instantly understand the clients’ business, and are master salespeople.
- The Empty Suit – The wannabe rainmakers with style and flash but no substance who are frequently friends or relatives of the higher-ups.
- The Magician – The talented art director, copy writer or strategist who provides the spark behind every idea or campaign.
- The Expert – The specialist with intense and deep knowledge of their subject that value their skills above all else.
- The Pleaser – Always pleasant and upbeat, the pleaser (often female) is happy to do whatever is asked and provides much of the energy that keeps the agency running.
Which one are you?
You can take a quiz on the AMC web site to find out.
Is there an important character from your cast missing? Tell us.
Filed under: Creative | 3 Comments
Tags: Advertising Types, Fun, Mad Men